A very important feature of the POPPETS Programme is the capacity building and training component which annually skills and equips no fewer than 325 other professionals, educators and volunteers to facilitate the POPPETS programme. In this way, SANCA Western Cape ensures that many more children can be reached.
The three-day training equips the trainee with a complete POPPETS Programme manual, a set of puppets and a puppet booth, activity sheets and flash cards, as well as the necessary skills to efficiently facilitate, administer and evaluate the POPPETS Programme.
- Ice breaker: create a fairytale
- Facilitator: present a puppet show
- Session: Definitions
- History of puppets
- Group discussion: the developmental stages of children between 5 and 9 years
- Group 1: motorical movement
- Group 2: cognitive movement
- Group 3: social development
- PowerPoint presentation: the development stages of the POPPETS programme, details of the props used in each session and the making of the puppets
- Practical exercise: manipulating movements and voice development to present a puppet show
- Learners: Start, the presentation and completion a puppet show
- Facilitator: Evaluate
- Discussion: The POPPETS drama
- Ice breaker
- Learners: Start, present and complete a puppet show
- Peer group evaluation
- Finishing of the puppets and flashcards
- Discussion: the way forward:
- Planning the implementation of the POPPETS programme at schools and crèches
- Advertising of the POPPETS programme
- Monthly feedback to POPPETS coordinator
- Evaluation of training
- Handing out of certificates
All trainees are initially supervised by a SANCA trainer to ensure that they are fully equipped and supported to implement the programme effectively.
Dates can be arranged according to needs. The cost of this programme can be obtained by contacting the regional office.